My blogger pal Iulia from The Best of Baby is giving away this GORGEOUS ring sling that’s meant for the water. How awesome is that colour!? We are just getting into ring slings over at my home and I’m really enjoying the simplicity of throwing baby on my hip and having the pressure taken off my body so I can stand up straight! Ring slings are really wonderful and great for quick up and downs.
Without further ado, here’s Iulia’s review!
Iulia from Best of Baby was gifted a water ring sling in exchange for her honest opinion. All opinions are her own. Other participating bloggers were not compensated in any way.
Summer time is pool time! But going to the pool with kids is vastly different than it was before having kids. The whole “lounging” term doesn’t really apply. Wrangling? Yes. But lounging not so much.
The key to a successful pool trip is preparation. Diapers, snacks, towels, toys, diapers (yes – worth mentioning again). And if you have a baby? You need some sort of containment device (especially if you have another child to attend to!)
Sure you can do floaties, and tubes, and vests and all that…but your best option? The option that will let you keep your baby safe, snug, close, and still give you free hands? A water sling! (THESE are my fay-vor-it!)
Baby wearing rocks. It keeps babies happy and gives mom a good measure of hands-free freedom. And baby wearing in the water is a whole other level of awesomeness.
Reasons Why Water Slings are Awesome!
1) Babies love it. The chubby little monkeys love the darn things. They’re close to mama, but they still get to splash to their hearts content.
2) Mamas love it. Free (and weightless) baby snuggles.
3) It keeps babies restrained. Without the sling, many babies will want to just lunge face first at the water. Seeing as how babies can’t swim, that doesn’t work out to well for them (and mama probably isn’t too into wrestling either)
4) Makeshift sun protection. You can use the tail as a wrap to keep the sun off of the baby’s or your shoulders.
5) HANDS FREE! Wearing your baby in the pool frees up your hands…so you can wrangle your toddler. (Ok, it’s at least a start on the hands free thing)
We searched up an down for the perfect water sling, but most were either too expensive, or looked like those fishnet stockings you wore in college (oh wait, you didn’t wear those? me neither. nope.)
Enter these beautiful slings by Cute Awaking.
Tasha is a mother of 4. She’s a crafter at heart, so in 2012 she put her creative talents in action and opened Cute Awaking. At first, it started out as mostly crochet projects, but when her youngest was born in 2014, she was introduced to babywearing and fell in love! She started making her own wraps and slings, and when she realized that people really loved her work, she became completely CPSIA compliant. She follows all current safety standards and is a member of BCIA.
Her work is beautiful, well made, and affordable!
And she’s generously offering one Best of Baby (and other participating blogs) reader the chance to win a Cute Awaking. water ring sling of their choice.