We’ve all seen the quote:
A Sunday well spent brings a week of content
But how the heck can us moms maximize our Sundays so our weeks can start on the right foot?
- On Sundays, I meal plan & meal prep. I start brainstorming by going through the cupboards and seeing what we have and what we need to use up. I ask the family what they feel like having that week for dinners. It’s great when my toddler tells us what he wants because then he’s excited to have the meal he asked for!
- I start prepping whatever I can ahead of time. I like to make up a big greek salad or a nice roasted veggie orzo pasta. A salad that keeps well in the fridge is great for the first half of the week.
- I make up a batch of muffins and fill them with flax, hemp hearts, and loads of frozen fruits.
- I fill 5 mason jars with all the dry ingredients I put into my overnight oats. Then the night before, I fill it up with almond milk so it’s ready the next morning when I wake up.
- Fill the coffee maker up the night before so I just have to hit start! The faster I can get my coffee, the better!
- Crock pot meals are a life saver. I like to cut up all the veggies and throw in the meat with all the spices the night before. Then in the morning all I have to do is grab the crock pot from the fridge and turn it on low for the day.
- Sunday is the day I earmark for laundry! I do the sheets and all MY clothes. For some reason, my clothes are the lowest on the priority list now! Making sure I have clean clothes for the week ahead is pretty essential. Here’s my go-to AFFORDABLE yoga pants and my fave nursing tees! Perfect for momming around!
- Cleaning the bathrooms and giving the kitchen a nice deep clean help set the tone for the rest of the week. I find it easier to spot clean throughout the week if I start the week off with a nice clean slate, so to speak.
These little tips and tricks are working for me lately, but I’m always down for learning more ways to keep my family on track! Leave me a comment and let me know what you do to keep your weeks running smooth!
PS: This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure policy here.